Wednesday 6 August 2014

Dad's Birthday

A few days ago it was Dad's birthday. 

So Dad and I spent the day doing some things we used to do all together as a family when I was younger, meaning: Trip to the seaside. 


Here's a photo of Dad and I when I was 3 years old.
(It was also back when my hair hadn't yet turned crazy)


First we drove to the seaside at Harwich where we used to come all the time when we were younger.



We took a packed lunch and ate it on a bench overlooking the sea.










Here's Dad sitting on the bench. 











After lunch we then took a bike ride along side the sea front.

I'm wearing black linen shorts and an H&M vest top with Converse shoes.


After our bike ride we drove to Walton on the Naze to the pier, and had a walk down it. 



It was quite a nice summers day and you could see the sea for miles. 






My hair was blowing around so much in the wind I could hardly see the camera to take these photos! 


It's almost a tradition in our family to go on the dodgems every time we come down to the pier. We had a great time bashing each other and I can happily say I thrashed Dad. 

Then we played on the tuppence machines where I won the most money back, much to Dad's despair. 


After a big ice cream with a flake we set off home. 


When we arrive home, I dressed up for dinner in my much loved blue and white polka dot dress from H&M and Top Shop sandals. 


There's a classic messy room selfie to show it off. 

Now time for the food!

For dinner Dad, Me, Ruth and Rosie (my step mum and sister)went to dinner in Cambridge to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen

I had never been there before but, as you know, I'm a burger lover, so I was so curious to see what their burgers are like...

I ordered the Chicken burger with Camembert & Cranberry. 


This includes: Camembert, Cranberry Sauce, House mayo, Relish and salad.  

I love the brie and cranberry combination in sandwiches but had never tried Camembert and cranberry together until now. 

It was spectacular. 


Just look at it. 

I know I went to Patty&Bun recently and called it the best burger I had ever tasted, but this one here is a close second. 

Patty&Bun certainly has extremely tasty burgers, however if you are looking for a more sophisticated and wider range of choice for burgers go to the GBK. 


We also had some Skinny Chips, Onion Rings and Blue Cheese Slaw to share.


Then afterwards as I was feeling greedy I tried one of GBK's Oreo milkshakes which was made with lots of ice cream.

Ruth had some as well 
(I don't think Rosie was ready for this photo) 



The milkshake was huge and was served in a metal cup adding an authentic touch. But it's size also meant that sadly I couldn't finish it. 

(but don't worry, I will go back soon to take on the challenge!) 


Today was a lovely day celebrating Dad's birthday and I know my other siblings are jealous they missed it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment